- Follow us on Twitter
- Join our Facebook Page
- Browse the Personal Journal Posts of our Seed Project Participants
- View photos in our Media Stream
- Watch some of our videos
- Get the participants settled in
- Get the whole source team involved
- Get the space cleaned up and on the road to usable
- Spend some time with the participants laying the groundwork for co-creating and intentional culture
- Pass the torch for all local communications to Arthur since Eric will be leaving for the following 2 weeks.
- Get any of the equipment needed for internet
- Meet with Jody & Co to see if we can help them with their phone system
- Get coaches for every participant
- Have coaches meeting with Jean to prepare
- Have initial participants (ones who have arrived on site) speak with their coaches
- Arrived late, but I feels like things are moving fast. I’m here to learn to live and serve better. Excited about polymorphism!! Grateful we started to build social DNA together and went into deeply connected space together.
- Great to hear Ruben since he arrived after I left for job interview. A lot of our early work was on infrastructure, so it’s good to hear about the deeper work getting done in the days I missed. Great connection between participants and coaches.
- Breaking out into new domains, away from home, beginning to manage noise and signal, and self-editing vs. self-muting. Engaging respectfully and gratefully.
- Getting here. Making everything work in the 6 days I had from learning I was invited to arranging the next 6 weeks to be here (changing work, home, interpersonal). Partnership from his community in generating the freedom and magic to leave powerfully. Committing to maintain a certain amount of work responsibilities (and doing it successfully). Love my coach and our interaction!
- Infrastructure for projects, theoretical & technical infrastructure so we can start implementing our projects next week. Physical infrastructure: cleaning, clearing, electricity, water, net infrastructure. Getting great coaches lined up for the participants and having them be set up to engage with them.
- Source Team is humming along. Appreciated Jean handling the coaching team effectively. Hoping the visit will have him feel more connected to the whole, even from the fragments he can get remotely. Believes the remote participation and perception from the remote participants is vital to our ability to make this replicable/spreadable.
Eric (in absentia):
- Attracting great people… whatever was involved in that, seems like it was right.
- I didn’t find a way to work on a project of my own for most of the first week. Also, I feel like I’ve failed to share as deeply as I’m committed to be (fearing disapproval/conflict).
- I don’t know what anybody else’s projects are. I’ve shared it with my coach, but haven’t looped anyone else in yet.
- Outward communications that really include source team, coaches and as-of-yet-arrived participants in the experience.
- Be able to work IN the space rather than ON the space. Make it beautiful and functional enough for us to enjoy being productive there. Paint the floors.
- Increase our capacities around communications, broadcasting, sharing, including. Get Internet access set up to assist with this.
- Set up Needcasting for food and other supplies.
- Cross-Pollinate individual projects and talents on a daily basis
- Spend consistent quality time working on the projects for which I am the coherence holder
- Get to know each other on multiple layers.
- Emory invites the possibility of keeping a dream journal and to track your dreams. Then we can share from them to access some untapped potential domains of connection.
- Anticipate and formulate a hero’s journey story for yourself, put the stories next to each other, observe and notice patterns.
- Be conscious of dynamically crafting a story that enables us to establish flows and make connections with the outside community.
- Establish a rhythm and level of authenticity of communication between coaches and participants
- Weave agreements and protocols around time, communication, etc (1: set meeting, 2: self-observe, 3: play w/ agreements and protocols)
- Needcast a “treat a leader to dinner” program
- Not beating myself up. Increased peace of mind. Intentional self-care.
- Concept of a Jam Session… and grooving together
- Experiencing being in synch more and having creative offshoots
- Whiteboards adding creativity
- Experiencing having genuine care for each other
- Outward connections: MetaCogs calls, Pottery glazing
- Feeling of connection to a learning network with Meta Cogs
- Wagn orientation and training and news posting
- Caught up on practical matters so we’re ready to roll more efficiently
- Accomplished some documentation and outputs of some whiteboard stuff
- Rough cut on video with Venessa
- Got a blog post out
- We’ve all been well fed
- Got the internet working! (Wednesday 8/1)
- A lot of communications to forward project
- 2 blog posts
- Participant meeting about projects and notes posted (supporting cross pollination)
- Added Maker menu and got everyone set up as Makers
- Great connection and sessions with coach and good structures set up
- Got all the Participants here (Pritha). Train leaving the station with all aboard.
- We’re working in the space!
- We got to know each other on many different levels.
- Got to a state where I can be present to “Get our Groove On” and fulfill our collective intentions.
- My project is taking shape. I’ve been working on it daily and it is getting clearer
- Finished painting all the floors (even the big ugly one)
- Received and responded a lot of communications (especially with outsiders)
- Got every coach in communication with their participants
Missing from meeting: Emory & Pritha
Other accomplishments out there:
- Venessa’s blog post
- Shareable article
- Culture blog post
- P2P foundation article
- Facebook Next Edge buzz
- Katie Teague’s FB thread
- Lynsey wanting to get in and the kind of attention she would bring
Noteworthy Community Connections / Interfaces
- Kyle going to MAD potter studio
- MAD potter visit with interns
- Sharon (muralist)
- Ellie's visit
- Stacy's visit
- Older connections -- Judy / Aldo / Brian / Betsy / Jody /
- Solaqua Press Release / Newsletter
- Failed to get the weekly intentions posted, personal journal structures made, to get the project structure used (beyond naming).
- We haven’t established concrete patterns & protocols. We need to fail faster to get to where we want to go.
- We don’t have enough feedback loops going on about our projects
- Plan an Open “Office Hours”
- Plan for Aug 25th
- Artists showing work, mural
- Movies & Media
- Drinks & Dining
- Practice talks, refine them and
- Media Exposure in Mexico – Xalapa Daily, University Paper
- Ben: Conversation around ‘leadership’ -UNDERWAY
- Shared media aggregator, storage, streaming - DONE
- Ben is Proposing a public-facing ‘deliverable’ each night this week, co-produced -
- One could be media collage of last week’s accomplishments, experiences -WEEK TWO COLLAGE CREATED
- Create structures for meal responsibilities. ‘Your night to cook’ - DONE
- Be actively using the infrastructure for Projects on Wagn -UNDERWAY
- Finalizing personal journal setup for use. -DONE
- Finding a place to put week’s intentions - DONE
- For SocialDNA / “Identity recontextualization,” complete community maps & capacity maps -UNDERWAY
- Connor: prepare a workshop around a non-judgmental culture of sharing and listening -INCOMPLETE
A powerful session on hand signals that we can use in group process to keep things moving and working smoothly. Ruben: As a group we accomplished being more sensitive about our interactions to the point that we could create those sign languages and other ways that we can communicate, because we dared to go deeper. Emory: we accomplished a lot of toughening and softening as a group, by spending a lot of time, with a lot of intention, to develop smoother group process. Built some resilience.
Succeeded in moving Ruben and Ben to a host home.
Ran a project slam video session, and a impromptu storytelling video session.
Set up a group schedule in the physical workspace that maps food prep. and workshop-style times.
Scheduled a yoga class for Friday the 17th at 9am.
A day trip Ruben, Emory, and Connor to Hudson for a yoga class.
Fruitful conversation on the User Experience on the website.
First ceremonial circle with the crazy Crab hat on.
Pritha: found a place where she can say no from.
In general, awesome food prep this week.
Ruben: failed to get through in Mexico for the media exposure
Pritha: failure to concretize theMake project for Aug 25th.
Connor: failure to put in the time to prepare for a Culture Workshop
Failure to COMPLETE the community maps, however, good progress was made. People have started doing the individual work. Failure to know what complete would look like.
Fail to resolve a regular weekly visitor drop-in structure.
Ben: 3/5 nights felt like he produced a coherent and public facing output. The difficulty was engaging the rest of the team in collaborative production.
Emory: failed to really interact with Wagn & his project there. Pritha shares this feeling.
Emory: failure to work steadily, in his opinion, on his conversation mapping
Kyle: failure to attend to the bigger scope of the group, how we were doing as a whole
Pritha: failure to dive into openness upon arrival in her first week here. Indulged in not being open. Failure to be disciplined to move into uncomfortable spaces.
- to spend 4 times this week doing a physical 'larger animal' activity. Exploring embodiment for 20-25 min. durations.
- Being very tuned in to the presence of visitors and what kind of opportunities we have with the time they spend here. document, generate, explore with visitors.
- 2 projects slams. One could be very project focused, other focused on charisma, storytelling. Wednesday (morning?), Friday (evening?)
- To find a way to bridge the gap, bookmark this discussion on the trust. respect. 'check yourself b4 you wreck yourself'
- To have a dynamic shared calendar online.
- Another meeting on the website interface, public facing User Experience design for the website.
- Google Hangout on air, remote source team people with Seb Paquet, later in the week.
- Hold a "productive play" party / salon night for the group on thursdsay
- Community mapping/ identity work Monday night session
part 1: work on this part of myself that has the desire to control things. Alter this conversation.
part 2: not to bring the pattern of 'do things, do things, do things' to my life. Operate instead from presence.
Pritha: narrowing accomplishments down to bite-size goals.
measuring 'failure' lens in measuring accomplishments.
Ben: reflecting on value that's been created for him subjectively, and making it visible in a journal entry.
creating a story map for the lab, to be able to effectively communicate this project in his storytelling.
creating some kind of group game experience that I can record on camera.
practice making clearer requests for help in the work that he's doing.
Kyle: make things which make sense. but are eccentric, radical, weird, and uncomfortable.
Learn what spaces gameshifting can channel, and hold. When is it useful?
Create designs and models.
Connor: Communicating with the people that I'm hoping will be 'compass guides' for the CultureCraft project.
Make visible the recontextualization of my identity, upgrading my expressive capacity. Be present to that to be in my body intention day-by-day.
Have conversations on the commons, harvest questions that people have about the commons, post them online for a starting point for the Massive Open Online Course on the commons that I'm helping design with the School of Commoning.
Write one 'public facing' blog post
Prep a culture-hacking guilt and embarrassment session.
Emory: acquire pots
schedule/map Aug 25th plan
- The web site has filled out more substantially
- Jammin' together more effectively
- Graceful workflows, cleaning, cooking, creating, communicating
- Hosted lots of guests, visitor and community and made it work
- Deeper bonding, trust... fun "sleepover" vibe
- Smoother integration of individuals on our team moving in and out of the pattern
- Pollination to host homes -- greater connection to the community
- Integrated body play into our processes
- Brought individual projects to group level
- More nurturing and taking care of each other
(Update the individual accomplishments from list later. Most intentions above were accomplished.)
- Missed doing the "personal story slam"
- No shared calendar set up
- No google hangout on air
- Never looked at the intentions doing the week
- Didn't get SunDog PBX setup
- Didn't check into the space of participation with the group... focused on "individual" or "corporate" type failures but has seen a whole new range of failures possible.
- Amazing community event / open house on the 25th. (Experience of community connection, acknowledgement & gratitude)
- Pick veggies at Little Seed
- Fill out our physical calendar
- Get everyone set up with our Google Cal (also public view of it on Wagn)
- Use the event as an opportunity for profound listening and openness (not just coordinating affairs).
- "Out herself" on wagn as part of this project
- Collaboration Jam: a circle for sharing project progress and needs
- Post & Blast new video (and get 500 views by Aug 31st)
- Schedule a Participants / Coaches / Source Team Hangout
- Coordinate with Paul Rix on cleanup of upstairs
- Make a playable version of gameshifting
- Design strategy for international collaboration
- Get sundog PBX set up and running
- Revise application and FAQ to launch open Fall cycle for new applicants.
- Open House, and presentations
- Painted a Mural
- Went to Little Seed farm and helped in exchange for some food
- Played game shifting with the community at our event
- Group project cross-pollination, sharing status, and inviting input and feedback (Thursday on grass). This process was valuable at this stage now that we're more related. New synergy.
- New capacities to check-in with each other and communicate clearly, nakedly, authentically. Quickly remove impediments and misinterpretations.
- Online hangout with Seb that concretized group jamming
- Multiple nourishing and eventful meals that included ELL'ers and QIVC people.
- Radio interviewer attended and did more interviews
- Radio interview which brought valuable new guests
- Community outreach: radio, posters, email invitations....
- Community placemaking and partnership with ELL occurred.
- The event had a very healthy embodiment of flow, authenticity and depth. Jammin' together.
- Becky as Food Coordinator for next program!! (as long as she has someone to partner with)
- materialized august 25th presentation (Connor's Play)
- got CultureCraft.cc up and running
- Created 4 graphics for CultureCraft
- participated fully in group activities according to goals set for 'upgrading expressive capacity'
- Took CultureCraft handbook app from 20 to 50% completion
- flyer production, printed and digital
- meaningful walk with Venessa that felt really valuable to me
- helped welcome and introduce many people to ELL
- Sarah and Nicholas, Tyler and Austin, Philip and WGXC, more of my friends and family from Hudson
- helped a great deal with logistical things such as food, transport, communication about group activities, shopping, set-up for 25th open house
- fixed my car
- led a group session in-house and open-house that allowed participants to take an experience with them... rather than simply an explanation
- worked with Ruben for the Aug25 presentation, communicated deeply with Eric and Art during the week, co-ordinated with Ben to help get his video on Reality Sandwich in the future, coordinated WGXC interview, coordinated minor but meaningful things with Bryan, Jody, Betsy, Aligna, Paul R, etc
- Contributed to GameShifting
- Donated, prepared and sourced food
- Made valuable connections with Paul from QIV, Laura, Alex (Tiny Houses), and others including Ellen and others who enjoyed the imagination activation activity
- flyer production, printed and digital, and distribution
- collaborated dynamically with Jean
- A new conversation for the present and future that is no longer about his past struggles
- Gameshifting was used for the making something happen with the community
- A place to go with Play Nexus in Maine
- Doing new things every day!
- Went swimming in river
- Got through a presentation and feeling okay about it
- Got clear about what he wants to share
- Found supportive connective tissue with other's projects
- Got comfortable and confident with time management
- Relaxed and open about presentation which is promising for future pilots/projects
- Posted to wagn
- Received kudos for sincerity during presentation... Giving up "perfection" for authenticity (even if "lumpy")
- Processed through difficult feelings and produced a positive/helpful email message. Sees this being a helpful process in the future
- Made gameshifting cards, boards, instructions
- Executed a gameshifting session
- to start using google calendar
- failed to bring in large numbers of people to the open house that weren't already familliar with the project
- failed to stay present to intentions and review them on the web site
- Failed to write a personal journal on wagn
- Failed to write a blog post at personal site
- Failed to contact possible consultants for Culture Craft
- Failed to maintain physical workout schedule
- Failed to write a personal journal entry on wagn
- Failed to enter a project on wagn
- Failed to provide helpful personal and interpersonal limitations/constraints/fences
- feeling lack of creative space for nurturing the projects i want to hold coherence for
- feeling fatigued, stressed, anxious, detached from the dream world and swamped with waking requests
- not roping off enough time for physical enjoyment
- lacking morning/evening ritual to book-end my days
- Failed to photograph enormous dinosaur turtle spotted from mill roof with brother Austin on Sunday
- Did not learn any more cooking
- Failed to write as much as intended last week
- failed to check on intentions during the week
- failed to hold presentation practice session
- did not establish concrete personal goals w/coach
- Still haven't invoiced client
- No international collaboration solution
- Sundog PBX not finished
- next application / session not launched
- Film a horror movie in the bowels of the mill
- Blue moon event on Thursday night
- order ourselves a set of matching t-shirts that say: gameshift THIS!
- create a list of things for Connor NOT to say at the border
- Next Steps
- Work on starter kit
- Hangout on Air with Seb and others (outside the labs)
- Support Video Theme/Story (Ben)
- Underpinnings of ELL session(s)
- Land weaving
- Metacurrency Ceptr/Streamscapes
- Group decision making
- Body to run the new expressive capacity
- Complete a survey to collect results about the impact of what we've done here
- Create a gratidute to QIVC
- continue to contribute and interact with game shifting
- insert projects to wagn
- make measurable/impactful/generative agreements and connections with makers before dispersal
- schedule a dinner with Jens to follow up on his offer
- have a discussion with Paul re: tiny houses; look at tiny house material from Alex
- post audio recording from WGXC somewhere visible
- connect with Reality Sandwich re: Ben's video
- look back at these intentions during the week so I actually accomplish some of them
- talk with Eric, Art and whomever else about continued involvement with ELL
- find a way to bookend days and stay in the groove during the day
- bookend experience with meaningful 'thank you' to all the very generous people
- watch 'the upward spiral' and immediately become a devoted member of the church of the upward spiral
- finish a blog post which is almost complete
- write a final personal journal entry about my upgraded expressive capacity intention; what's different now from when I arrived
- invite other people who have expressed interest in cultureCraft as participants to a weekend retreat sometime in mid-september
- to contact the potential consultants, reference them to a consultant page on the website
- finish reading The Open Source Everything Manifesto by Steele
- answer 6 of the Household as Ecology learning harvest questions
- Create relatively permanent token of expression of gratitude to East Chatham Quaker Intentional Village community
- participate fully w any game shifting action w intention of seeing how it can be applied w/in Knowledge Integration Program
- experience NYC
- 'Long Term': familiarize and be 'in the loop' with the full source team (possible group intention?)
- Go to County Fair
- Take photos for web site of mill and textures
- Write something for ELL
- Keep working on gameshifting
- Work on statement of my future
- Be more present in conversations
- Learn more about Streamscapes
- Have another web site meeting with some action points for people to do on the site
- Next step in "identity" work / social DNA
- Redo Resume
- Summarize new home page strategy for web site meeting
- Get feedback from folks on media via online survey from viewers
- recap StoryWorks presentation in written form
More license and intellectual property information available here.