People have asked for an idea of what things might look like around the Lab during a day. This is a sketch of what a typical day might look like, but the specifics of how all of this works is created as an integral part of your participation in the Emerging Leader Lab.
|8:00am||Some of the early birds come in to get a head start on their projects. Some people are asleep or having breakfast in their host homes.|
|9:00am||The workspace is pretty full of people working with each other, talking to their coaches, prepping for the 9:15 standup meeting.|
|9:15am||Stand-up meeting of all the participants. Here we briefly share progress, promises for the day, and any requests of each other.|
|9:30am||People splinter off into conversations and project workgroups.|
|10:00am||Practicum/Workshop: How to work effectively with teams.|
|12:30pm||Lunch with produce from a local farm cooked up by a participant who has undertaken a project around healthy sustenance.|
|Afternoon||Time to work on projects|
|Later Afternoon||Unstructured time to play, explore, and create|
|6:00pm||Dinner is served at Community Eats|
|10:00pm||The Lab is closed for the night and we kick out the stragglers to go home.|
There are no specific number of hours you're supposed to work, just the results you've promised to produce.
- Regular participation in activites in the workspace, including things like: your projects, other people's projects, preparing food, creating an inspiring and functional work space, cleaning, etc.
- Regular communication with your coach. (You'll sort out how often and how long together.)
- Keep your agreements and meetings you've scheduled (with project collaborators, coaches, etc.)
- Communicate with the source team about any changes in your well-being, participation or status in the program.
Likely time commitment:
- Daily short meetings for staying connected to each others projects and making requests of each other (see 10am above).
- Weekly All-Team Meeting for all participants where the decisions for running the Labs are made.
- Once or twice a week workshops or practicums for establishing shared language and frames of reference for working together effectively. (See 11:15am above.)
More license and intellectual property information available here.